motivation follows action.
So another year awaits us… 2012! For some strange reason some innate desire forces each of us to reevaluate our priorities and lifestyles. It’s like we’ve been awaiting this “fresh start” ever since last February when our feeble attempt at “changing” came to a screeching halt. My resolution ended about mid-January as I traded in my water bottle for a Venti Starbucks Vanilla Latte (yum!). Or was it the carrot sticks for a bag of Funyuns? Either way I failed once again to become the better version of myself I had planned to transform into. So this year… No resolutions. Resolutions are fleeting! I want something more than another ill-planned resolution. So this year I’m making genuine, achievable goals…
1. More time in His Word— it’s the only way to become who He has called me to be :).
2. Move more… And at a faster pace. That means getting off of my new beloved couch and attempting to walk, run, crunch, kick, Pilate, “downward dog” my way into a healthier body! It “ain’t” about a magical number or fitting into a single-digit pair of jeans— it’s about healthier daily habits! Girl, I wanna look goooooooooood.
3. Have a more compassionate heart… give more, serve more, LOVE more!
“Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God LOVES a CHEERFUL giver!” —2 Corinthians 9:7
I want to be a CHEERFUL giver, instead of an anxious mess every time the offering bucket comes my way. I need to trust his provision… Remembering He has never failed me!
4. Peace out Diet Dr. Pepper and your buddy, Diet Coke. You guys have been my support system the past couple of months, but I’m pretty sure you are killing me slowly and invading my bloodstream with deliciously addictive chemicals. Sorry guys, but you gots to go!
5. Find a way/funds to go back to school! I love to learn and I am not satisfied at remaining where I’m at. The ultimate goal is to become a nurse practitioner and where there is a will there is a way….so i hear. Ready to hit the books and pile on some more school loans (ughhhhhh!).
6. Impact teenagers… Believing and supporting the dream of our youth ministry: 1200 x 2012! Praying for our students, speaking to our students… Using every tool and forum to become a fan of their lives! I want them to find a genuine faith in the Lord that is not limited by their age, their past, or their current circumstances. More than anything, I want to them to know they are LOVED!
7. More money in savings… Leading to the ultimate goal of buying my own house! I love my quirky lil apartment, but it’s about time I be ” movin’ on up!”
8 … Become Mrs. Garcia. A girl can dream, right!? You see, Im sort of in love with this incredible man who has pretty much turned my world upside down. He challenges me spiritually and everyday I find myself thanking the Lord that he is mine. There is only one out there… And he is my ONE! Excited about our future ahead, hand-in-hand, no matter what awaits us.
… Alright enough of that mushy stuff… On a lighter note…
9. Spend less money at Starbucks or on coffee, in general. It’s like cocaine for us christian kids. Lol
10. Eat less donuts this year… For the record, this is the most heartbreaking goal. St. George’s might go out of business, but my heart and hips will thank me later:).
Alright, 2012. Bring it on! The best is yet to come…